Sunday, September 14, 2014

Not Such a Baby Anymore

My baby is growing up so fast; he turned seven months old this week!

He's about to cut his left front tooth, bringing the count to five in the last three weeks.  The other front tooth will follow very shortly, I can see it already.  I can't believe how happy he still is through all of this. He's still cranky, of course, but he's happy as a clam when he held or cuddled. 

He's not crawling yet, for which I'm a little thankful for at the moment.  He does scoot around quite a bit. When he wants to move somewhere he wiggles side to side (a lot like a fish flopping) to wiggle himself where he wants to go. He has even started sitting up this week, largely without help.

Ethan also started screaming. I mean screaming!  Top of his lungs, blood curdling screaming!  Not because he's upset, or really happy, or in pain, or not; he does it because he can. I feel like the biggest idiot telling him "no screaming!" (and, also, "no bite").  He seems to understand the stern voice combined with touching his mouth, so I'm optimistic we can stop it before it gets bad.

Is it possible of a child to intentionally give kisses?  I'm going to say yes. Ethan intentionally leans his open mouth onto your face, leans back as closes his mouth, then repeats. I'm not a fan of drool, but I love the kisses!

He had a check up last week, he's in the 86% percentile for his length!  I knew he was big, I had to start putting him in 12 months clothes already. My little monster weighs 18 pounds, and he's solid every inch. 

He's a great smuggler, too. I love it!  I wish we could just snuggle all day. We do lots of tummy time, he plays with toys and I read a law book. Ony six weeks of school left before I can devote some solid bonding time before Bar Exam Prep madness starts in. (Nt tht I'm counting, or anything...)

No comments:

Post a Comment