Friday, October 10, 2014

Going to Bed Early is Pointless

Yesterday was a busy day. The boys and I played all morning, made some lunch, and put Ethan down for a nap.  About forty I've minutes later he was awake again, but I left him in bed hoping he'd fall back asleep. He's didn't, but more on that later.

GiGi came over to play in the afternoon, and we had a lot of fun!  We went outside and GiGi fixed Collin's water table that he had plugged up with sand and he grabbed her by the finger and pulled her around showing her his favorite things.  Meanwhile, Ethan played on a sheet laid on the grass and watched the dogs running around vying for attention.  We had a nice dinner and GiGi fed Ethan (more bonding).  GiGi left about six to stop at Mamaw's house before heading home.

After she left, Collin went back to playing and Ethan passed out while nursing. And I do mean "nothing is going I wake this kid up" passed out!  We snuggled on the couch until daddy got home, let him give Ethan kisses, and put him bed at 7:15. At that point he'd been asleep a half hour already, and bedtime is usually not until eight. 



Collin had more dinner with Tony, and mooched some dessert. We got him ready for bed and put his little sleepy head in bed. At the awesome hour of 8:15, both boys were in bed and asleep! 



We took a shower, tidied the kitchen, chatted and relaxed for a bit an headed to bed. It was 9:50!!!!!

9:50?  That never happens!  I was so happy!  Until.... I laid in bed for an hour, wide awake. All the while lamenting that I'd gone to bed instead of staying up and doing school work.  Then I proceeded to have potty-training-disaster themed nightmares an kept waking up to go clean up imaginary messed!  Waking up with dread is horrible. In kept waking up and going back to sleep until about four when I heard Ethan fussing. It was him, he was really fussing, and I hoped he'd go back to sleep. 

He didn't. This is where the super-short afternoon nap and aubsequent early nighttime crash comes into play. He was awake, and he was hungry, and he usually sleeps until six. I used an imaginary forklift to haul myself out of bed, watched some Gilmore Girls while I fe him (thank you, Netflix!) ad was putting him back to Ed two minutes before my alarm was supposed I go off. Not hoing to happen!

Turned it off, went back to bed, and didn't get up until Collin was awake, having wet the bed, and Tony was out the door to work.  Boo!  I told him he could prove his love to me by calling in sick. He must not love me very much.

"Nap when baby naps?"  Whoever said that must have had a maid.  Jerks!

No comments:

Post a Comment