05/14/2015
(I got confused; we we to Positano on Thursday and Capri on Friday. I case a reference doesn't make sense.)
We started our day at the Hotel Margherita, which has a nice breakfast spread. I cooked at "home" and took a walk there for some espresso. They knew we weren't guests they, and still they didn't even charge us. Free coffee is great!
We started our day at the Hotel Margherita, which has a nice breakfast spread. I cooked at "home" and took a walk there for some espresso. They knew we weren't guests they, and still they didn't even charge us. Free coffee is great!
I haven't seen that goatee in a long time! This was a roadside photo from the stairs leading to the pizzaria. The food was okay, but the view was great!
We had considered staying here, but it's pretty well known, and therefore, also Tourist-y. Praiano is a 15-20 minute drive from Positano. Assuming you can find a place to park.
We found a little pizzeria to stop at for lunch when we got there, and then wandered around for some shopping. We began our love of gelato here. I'm hesitate to buy some in the States because this stuff is sooooo good; I might never stop eating it!
We actually didn't do terribly much there. The shopping was obnoxiously expensive! Granted, I think most of the clothing is made by hand in the back of the store, but still. I did, however, buy some limoncello. Turns out it was from Sorrento, the next town over. The Costa D'Amalfi is known for their lemons, and there are lemon-everything souvenirs. The beach in Positano is a lot like Pebble Beach in California, and I always forget how much the pebbles hurt the arch of your feet when you walk on them. I did procure some sea glass, though. A surprising amount of green sea glass, which I attribute to all the green beer bottles there.
We actually didn't do terribly much there. The shopping was obnoxiously expensive! Granted, I think most of the clothing is made by hand in the back of the store, but still. I did, however, buy some limoncello. Turns out it was from Sorrento, the next town over. The Costa D'Amalfi is known for their lemons, and there are lemon-everything souvenirs. The beach in Positano is a lot like Pebble Beach in California, and I always forget how much the pebbles hurt the arch of your feet when you walk on them. I did procure some sea glass, though. A surprising amount of green sea glass, which I attribute to all the green beer bottles there.
We came back to Praiano decently early and had dinner at Kasai where Canadian Tony had made us a reservation. It's only been open for two weeks, the food was amazing! We waited an hour before being seated, but they brought us all two glasses of Prosecco (Italian Champagne) and some appetizers. We were well taken care of. I would definitely go back there if we have time.

No comments:
Post a Comment