Now that he's switched schools, he pretends to hate it. He tells me "My day was bad" every single day. But he stopped crapping himself, so it's an improvement.
This past weekend was super rough. Ethan had nasty diapers Thursday and Friday. Saturday morning, Ethan woke up at 1:30, crying. I was tempted to ignore it, but I cannot sleep when I know they're awake. I walked toward his room, and the smell hit me in the hallway. I was dreading that diaper... But a diaper would have been preferable.
I cleaned up Ethan, the bed, the blankets, and the carpet, and spent two hours snuggling, rocking, singing, and doing anything else I can think of to help him sleep. Nothing. Then he got sick again! Good kid, didn't fight me to be sick in the garbage can while I held him.
How does a two year old stay clean while being sick? He managed.
At that point I was done. I cleaned up the room, changed the sheets agains, and woke up Tony (which is an act of God in its own right). Ethan refused to stay in his bed, Tony and Ethan laid down and went to sleep on the floor in the middle of his room.
Then Collin slept in and wet the bed.
Since he was sick, we didn't give Ethan his allergy medicine. Of course, the next night Ethan woke up coughing. It took me another hour to get him to go back to sleep. Monday morning, Collin was in my bed. I had to carry him back while he complained that I was hurt his neck. He's just lucky we didn't wobble and slam into the wall!
Now that I was awake I heard Ethan coughing pretty strongly, and his breathing rattled. It sounded bad, so I got him some water and cough syrup. But all that coughing wasn't enough to wake hm up, so I had to wake him to help him drink it. Naturally he had a hard time falling back asleep. About the time I got back in bed, Collin was walking his little self back in. I have high hopes for sleep tonight, but little expectation.
No comments:
Post a Comment