Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Potty Training the Second Child

(Throwback post from June that never got posted)

Ethan loves the toilet. He'd follow Collin into the bathroom, stand on the stool, and drop his pants. Then look at me like: "What now, Mama?" He could also start and stop peeing on command, which was the routine during every bath time. Yuck!

Tony had a two week vacation, therefore I planned for him to potty train the boy. I trained (am still training) Collin!

Day 1: He peed everywhere until lunch, when he finally made it to the toilet for the M&M reward. Now after every successful peeing in the potty, he yells "Yay, Candy!"

Day 2: "Yay, Candy!" still continues, and he's now taking himself to the potty half the time. 

Day 3: He thinks he's got this down, now he's testing Daddy's patience and peeing everywhere. His favorite is to pee on the back porch step, through the screen door while he's inside the house. It's delightful!

Flash forward a week and he has no wet accidents, but successfully located poops are troublesome. 

Flash forward to the present (October) and he poops in the potty 4 times a day without hesitation, and without the reminder of a reward. He will, however, wet his pants on purpose, for no known reason, but especially if he's having a tantrum.

While we work that out, I'm still buying extra strength pet stain and smell remover, by the gallon, and I pour it straight into the washer. The pet store knows us all!

No comments:

Post a Comment