Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Preschool Bound

03-30-2015

My baby started school yesterday!

I tried to tell him about it beforehand, but he looked at me like I was a little crazy. I was actually having fun planning his school lunches; but they feed them breakfast and lunch.  On a positive note, looks like he's sharing those goldfish and sugar snap peas.  Sharing. Uh-Huh.  Sure.  We're working on that one. 

Tony and I went together for his first day. We showed him his classroom, his teacher, and some of the aids. Then we went to the drop off spot where I won't get lost en route (unlike his classroom).  We stood with other kids and waited for busses to unload. He was fine!  He loved his Elmo backpack, Elmo lunchbox, and Elmo shirt he begged to wear (he does not love all of Sesame Street, just Elmo).  Hugs and kisses given and he started to get shy.  Then it was time to leave, and he started bawling just as the First Day of School picture was about to be taken.  

Here's our second day:


I'll drop him off in the morning, and he'll ride the bus home in the afternoon.  My phone started ringing and I thought "it's the school saying my kid is having an utter meltdown and I need to come get him".  Close. It was the school calling to ask what bus he was supposd to be on!  How was I supposed to know?  Shouldn't transportation have to me the number?  And told the school oaks sure they didn't lose my 3-year-old?  We figured it out, but he's still on the bus for an hour and a half!  He's the last one dropped off and I don't like it; but there's not much I can do except complain. Again. I'll work on that one. 

He didn't want to go to school when he woke up today. He tried everything to stay home. While we waited for busses to unload he begged to go potty (his favorite escape tactic).  I found one of his classroom aides, who ended up schooling up my child and carrying to the bathroom while he screamed for me.  Not our best morning.

His teacher says he was well behaved but really clingy wanting to be held all day.  And had a tantrum when it was time to get in the bus. She sounded almost apologetic when she told me that she couldn't hold him all day!  I almost laughed at the thought.  She had to carry him onto the bus and buckle him in while he cried some more. 

I hope today goes better for him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment