Thursday, March 26, 2015

Teeth, Talking, and Taking Steps

March 24, 2015

Depending on the moment, I either want my kids to stay this size forever, or hurry and grow up.  Right now is an odd mix of the two.

Ethan has been teething for what feels like forever!  My electric bill is ridiculous from having the humidifier on all night and during two daytime naps due to all of his congestion.  He's finally cut three of the four molars, and the last one shouldn't be too far from now.  But this is the unexciting news.

The exciting news is that Ethan has taken his first steps!  He cruises all over the house and easily walks while holding our hands, but he wasn't trying to walk on his own yet.  I was doing the dishes while he did his best to get into the dishwasher, and I swear he took a step sideways to regain his balance.  Then I wondered if I could bribe him with his pacifier to get him to take a step... and he did!  And even Tony was there for the first steps, which is nice since he misses so much with his long work hours.

I can't wait for him to get the hang of walking around.  He loves being outside, but the patio is scraping up his knees, his toes, and his shoes.

I can't believe he's a year old (plus a month and a half) already!  We've really been enjoying this last month of being together all the time, even though we're driving each other crazy most of the time.  He and Collin are finally starting to play together nicely.  Yesterday I was able to sit inside and read a book for fun (I missed that so much),and watched the boys play outside.  Collin practically lives in the sandbox Tony built and Ethan likes to hide in the doghouse, also built by Daddy.

Ethan has also started saying some words.  Along with "mama" and "dada", he says "peek-a-boo" "fish" "uh-oh" "go" and "tickle".  Amd he babbles all the time.  All the time!  Seriously, I love when he wakes up and I just listen to him talking to himself.  Makes me smile while also letting me stay in bed and extra five minutes.

He also never stops eating.  It's shocking how much he puts away and still demands more; even though there's no way he could possibly fit it all.  And then he randomly spits up.  Lovely.  He's lucky he's so darn cute, otherwise I'd be tempted to trade him in for another model.

No comments:

Post a Comment