Thursday, June 18, 2015

Night Night, Mama

      Today was hot, and Collin and I haven't been sleeping well.

      While Ethan was napping, Collin was cutting and coloring while I was working in the computer.  He then looked at me and said, "Mama, tired."  In itself, his speech is impressive. But what happened next really got my attention.

     He got down, came over, grabbed my hand, and said, "Mama, couch."  He walked me to the living room, stopped next to the couch, and told me to wait.  He began talking about the things on the couch and arranging the pillows. He grabbed a blanket and was about to lay it down when he realized I wasn't there.  He looks at me and says, "mama, couch."  I wanted to hear as much direction from him as possible, so I simply sat down.  He goes to cover again, but it wasn't what he wanted.  "Mama, lay down."  I laid down and he covered me with the blanket.  He even wrapped my feet in the blanket the way he likes us to do when he goes to bed.  He pointed at me, "mama, night night!" and got himself settled on the couch next to me.  It was so sweet!

     And then Ethan woke up and nap time was over.  Figures, doesn't it?


No comments:

Post a Comment