I bargained with Tony that since he's up nights, anyway, he could do nighttime trips, and I'd do morning time trips. I forgot that he'd be gone and I was on my own anyway. Bummer.
The key is not to wake him up, just take him sleeping assume the potty-Ingrid position, and quietly tell him to go. It usually works.
Tonight I went to get Ethan and take him to the bathroom. Preliminary check of his bed was all good, he was still dry. This has posed a challenge, especially when he throws a tantrum like tonight, so it was a good sign.
As soon as I scooped him up he started stirring. First some mumbles. Then, "NO!" Then "YES!" shortly thereafter.
Mumble. Mumble. Moan. "YES!" "YES!"
I'm gearing up for the pissed-off toddler screaming tantrum that will happen when he wakes and finds himself in the bathroom.
I stand him at the toilet, drop the pants, his eyes flutter. "YES!"
(Quietly) "Ethan, go pee in the.... " Success!
I didn't even have to wipe the bowl afterward.
Now, if I'm really lucky, Collin won't have nightmares and I'll get almost seven hours' sleep before my alarm goes off. It's not likely, but I can dream, can't I?
No comments:
Post a Comment