Sunday, October 9, 2016

In Collin's Dreams

Ethan woke up at 6:30 this Sunday morning. And he'd wet the bed... again. We spent some time cleaning him up and then snuggling on the couch. 

I was wandering through the house collecting laundry, when I hear Collin's voice coming from his room, counting. I go lay down with him, and he snuggles in close.

Then he tells:

"There was a little, teeny, tiny yellow car with a propeller in the dead grass. I picked it up and was trying to get home." (Now I know this is a dream.)

"I was 15 strong (we discuss unit and amounts all the time) squeezing the car to keep it from flying away.  I squeezed it really hard!

Me: "Who else was there?"

Collin: "The people in the car were tiny!"

Me: "Maybe they were scared of you because they were tiny, and you were humongous, like Kevin" (We watch the Minion Movie a lot.) "Then what happened?"

Collin: "Then our house disappeared and we were trying to find it."

Me: "Where did it go?"

Collin: "It was a mystery and we were trying to find it."

That was the first time he's ever told me about a dream!

Collin is also working on learning to spell his name. He spells it so often, even Ethan is spelling it! I tried to teach Ethan to spell us own name a few days ago. When I got to "h", he said it was gross.

I was spelling to for his again this morning, and again, "gross", and resumed spelling Collin. Tony laughed and reminded me that when I was a kid I didn't like the letter G, and felt bad for F that it had to be next to such an awful letter.

We're all a little weird!


No comments:

Post a Comment