Tuesday, December 1, 2015

"I Don't Like New Friends"

Collins has been doing fabulous in school. He's taking all the time, new words daily, new concepts often. He looks at our analog clock and tries to tell me what time it is, and talks about last night, yesterday, and earlier. I even find him playing with his brother and other kids. I couldn't be more proud!

Because if all his improvement he was moved up into the more advance class, one step below mainstream school!  They took him for visits to the other classroom for a few days, before he was moved in the new class all day.  I know they've been talking to him about the change, because when I brought it up he tells me "I don't like new friends!"

I couldn't not laugh, it was to funny!  He told me he didn't like Teacher Sammy, them at he wanted to stay in Teacher Teresa's school. The move happened last week, and he's doing much better with the change. He tells me how much he likes Teacher Sammy at the end of the day, and all the activities he did that day. 

I can have an entire conversation with my son. Finally!

No comments:

Post a Comment