Tonight, Ethan was repeating some of my words, and said three or four I know he's never said before! And Collin is actually pronouncing his R's, which many kids don't master until 8 or 9 years old!
Ethan and I were in my room doing laundry. And by doing laundry, I mean that I'm trying to fold laundry faster than Ethan can mess it up while he dead man drops all over the bed. This kid! Collin started hollaring for permission to play on the iPad from the front of the house. I played dumb. No manners means mama cannot understand what you are saying.
Collin: I can't hear you in the wall!
Me: Come to my room and ask me.
Collin: End of the hallway!
Me, pretending I don't see him and making him get my attention.
Collin: Mama?
Me: Yes, son?
Collin: Please, may I play iPad, please? (Always the double please)
Me: Yes, son. That was very nice asking.
Collin: Okay! Thank you! (Walks into the hall) iPad coming right up!
I don't know where he comes up with these things. Tonight, we had an in-depth conversation about pickles, where he opined that they were peppery, but not too spice to him. I couldn't stop smiling. Such a strong vacublary these days, we have whole conversations! To think where he was a year ago when we started all this...
No comments:
Post a Comment