Monday, June 16, 2014

No, no, no

After two particularly rough days ofEthan  spitting up all over and lots of laundry, I was waaaay passed my last nerve. In exasperation, I exclaimed "No! Ethan!  Don't spit up!!!"

And then I hear Collin's little voice behind me: "No, no, no. No, no, no.  No, no, no."

I've been trying to teach him to say "yes" and "no" for quite sometime; because a grunt for yes, and a blood curdling scream for no, just isn't adequate. But I have to laugh at how he says it. Not loud, or angry, or screaming; just calm and firm "no, no, no."  Kids learn to speak by copying why they hear, so I hope this means I'm better at controlling my temper than I think.

After all, it is exceptionally hard to keep calm while the two-foot-tornado rampages through the house while offering a stellar rendition of a screaming banshee, and the baby gives back everything you just fed him (requiring a change of clothes for both parties), and then complains that he's hungry. 

On another note: After three days of disrupted napping/bed time routine; I think it's safe to assume this kid is tired...


No comments:

Post a Comment