Not only do they take up half the space in the cart, making organization a must, but they are highly distracting!
The baby is spitting up every three minutes, and it somehow manages to run up his shoulder straps, through the strap cutout in the seat, and leave a nice little incriminating trail through the store; while the two year old pulls the lid off his sippy cup, causing him to spill his water all over the floor. Although is rather pretend it wasn't MY kid that did that, I begin a hurried wander through the store to alert a clerk about the spill in the freezer section. Poor Joe probably isn't my biggest fan.
While we haven't gotten to the "mama, can I have...?" yet, Collin has recently begun grabbing things on the impulse shelves while I unload groceries. And he's such a great help, he even puts them on the conveyer belt for me... which means the checker must now run a refund for the Popsicle mold that I already bought him last week.
Last week's grocery trip I re-allocated a case of water, and yesterday I re-appropriated a teething ring. Given the amount I spent, I wasn't all that worried about the two dollar items I accidentally swindled. I tried to pay for it the next trip, but they wouldn't take it. I guess the inventory adjustment hassle wasn't worth the shrinkage cost.
At least it's better than the two cases of diapers I made away with two years ago that the checker helped load into my car. I called back and paid for those!
No comments:
Post a Comment