This past week I had "summer break" from school. I decided since the boys were going to spend all their time with me; it was the perfect time to five I to this potty training thing. I could already imagine only changing one kid's diapers. I expected accidents, and that was okay; a step in the right direction.
However, my child is colossally stubborn. Day One we spent outside bottomless. He thinks watching himself pee is historically funny, and will force himself to pee again. Control, right? Good sign!
Problems ensue when small fry doesn't want to be left outside by himself, it's too warm out to leve the door open, and mini-fry isn't feeling well and I don't want him outside. So, inside we came, to the Cars-themes potty (complete with an engine-revving-sounds button).
Further struggle came when he didn't want to sit on the potty. Only to be dwarfed by the frustration of him intentional peeing all over the floor while still sitting on the potty. I'm at a loss for words, and ideas.
Except that maybe he's just not ready. His general standard is to do things a little late, but he's good at it once he does it. We'll try again in a couple months.
In the meantime, we're using the last couple of diaper to get through the evening, because I stopped buying him diapers in anticipation of not needing them. The few minutes of alone time before class are precious, as I get to go shopping by myself!
No comments:
Post a Comment