The second time we went, Ethan was asleep... again. Collin was ecstatic! He rushed around pointing and exclaiming at everything and everyone. And he wanted cherries! We were only going to be there for a minute; and they were busy, so I was trying to hurry and get us out of here. He stood next to me while I bagged cherries, paid the lady, and turned back around to where Collin still stood next to the stroller. It's impossible to never turn your back on a child, but when your back is turned, you ears are listening for the sound of their shoes. So, I turned back to Collin still there, right next to me. Except that he was beaming at me with a chery stem in one hand, half a cherry in the other, the other half (including the pit) quickly going down.
He was so happy, and surprisingly clean, and I just couldn't be mad at him! So we walk our little cherry filled selves home and canned the cherries later to make some fabulous cherry pie filling.
No comments:
Post a Comment